Wednesday, April 29, 2009

eff do i ever hate trya banks.

SRSLY. my friends have sucked me into the top model cult. and it's super, SUPER annoying. especially when tyra talks, and double especially when she does a voice. GUH. STFU stupid tyra.

Monday, April 27, 2009

apparently i suck at being a blogger

cuz my two annex-mates have blogs, and they've linked their blogs to MY blog (which, ps, i didn't actually anticipate anyone i know finding or reading, which is stupid since 90% of my friends are librarians with mad search skills and they blab shit to the other 10% of my friends, resulting in approximately 100% stalking) but i didn't realize, so i was all "aww, ciaoemily is linking to me" and then mayflower got all "i link to you too! you prolly don't even know where my blog is", which isn't true...i know where it is, i just didn't realize it was running again...sigh. i need to rss some shiz and link up some stuff before bed, i guess.

but i at least earned my keep by html'ing the crap out of mayflower's blog, totes earning the title "nerd". take that tim craven, you jackass. take that.

Sunday, April 26, 2009


spent the weekend at a friend's wedding, and COMPLETELY forgot that the deadline for the online quilt show was definitely on friday, and i did NOT get things posted in time. :( but on the up side, the weekend was amazing and the quilt expo is awesome, and i'm finding great blogs and a ton of ideas and inspiration, so that's excellent.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

vurry cool

i found this interesting quilt show online, which i think that i'm going to enter, if i can manage to take some pictures and post them in time. i'm going to enter my denyse schmidt designed quilt which was made with pink and orange amy butler fabrics for one of my good friends. i shall post it tonight, hopefully. :)

there are SO many other quilts and quilters' blogs to check out here too, i'm totally inspired/jealous of all the lovely fabrics and projects!

also, i'm awash with 5" charms, and mister man is starting to ask questions. or at least recognize that questions should be asked, but he doesn't want to know...silly boy.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009


SO, wedding plans for a friend got way stepped next weekend. :| not really a problem, except that i got 700 or so buttons to make her coasters for her shower at the end of may, which clearly isn't going to happen, since there now is no shower. so i have 700 buttons and will soon eventually have several button coasters. it'll be great.

BUT my main issue (beyond shoes, hair and nails) is that i had until august (four months from now) to make her a quilt present, which is clearly not going to get done in the next 10 days. :( so i had it suggested that i give her a piece of the fabric and tell her that it'll be done for her original wedding date. it seems kind of passive aggressive-y and like i'm ransoming her her present with small shards of fabric, but a good plan since i don't know what else to get her for a present. i think that i've settled on a wonky star pattern, so will start cutting my 320 patterned squares this weekend in preparation for the 700+ white squares that will come later. :)

also, my packages were all delightful, and i'm just ROLLING in fun new fabric, the newest came all the way to me from new zealand! and, the collecting for the charm quilt is going well, i've got well over a hundred already. so only about 900 or so more to go...

Sunday, April 12, 2009

giveaway and mail like woah!

srsly, woah! so i got home from a fabulous two week getaway and found a HUGE stack of mail all full of fat quarters and nickel swaps and the like. fabulous. then i found a lovely offer for 30 fat quarters from pigtales. all you have to do is comment and she's going to draw names and just GIVE AWAY fabric. give it away. so lovely.

now, i've got to try and keep unpacking. i've already made a huge mess of the apartment and mister man has made fun of me for being such a big disaster in such a short period of time. at least the dog missed me, i suppose!